3 May 2019
Green group doubles from 6 to 12 councillors as council shrinks to 34 members
On behalf of the group, councillor Andrew Stringer said:
“This result is a clear expression of people’s confidence in Green councillors’ ability to roll up their sleeves and deal with local issues.”
• Housing - an effective strategy on housing development including social housing.
• Investing their money in Mid Suffolk rather than in other parts of the country.
• Bringing back the council from Ipswich into the district.”
Councillor Rachel Eburne added:
“This also is an expression of dissatisfaction in how the conservatives have run the council for the last 12 years. We anticipate some very exciting times ahead as we start to deliver on our policies based on what the people want rather than handed down from on high .”
Meetings & Events
Café 52. Stowmarket
Refreshments from 7pm
A campaign focussed workshop with posters, leaflets and badges. Discussion and update from our candidates and their teams.
All Green members and supporters are welcome.
- Mid Suffolk meetings generally held at Cafe 52, Crowe Street, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1DL
- Meetings occasionally held in Woolpit, Eye, Walsham le Willows, Stowupland, Needham Market and other villages.
All Members and well-wishers welcome.