3 May 2019
Green group doubles from 6 to 12 councillors as council shrinks to 34 members
On behalf of the group, councillor Andrew Stringer said:
“This result is a clear expression of people’s confidence in Green councillors’ ability to roll up their sleeves and deal with local issues.”
• Housing - an effective strategy on housing development including social housing.
• Investing their money in Mid Suffolk rather than in other parts of the country.
• Bringing back the council from Ipswich into the district.”
Councillor Rachel Eburne added:
“This also is an expression of dissatisfaction in how the conservatives have run the council for the last 12 years. We anticipate some very exciting times ahead as we start to deliver on our policies based on what the people want rather than handed down from on high .”
Meetings & Events
Next meeting will be a Zoom virtual meeting in January 2021
If you wish to receive an invite, please email john [a] suffolkgreenparty.org.uk
While the present crisis and lockdown persist, Mid Suffolk Green Party will be holding virtual meetings. Green News will be available by email, so if you wish to receive this, please send your email and postal addresses to john [a] suffolkgreenparty.org.uk
- Mid Suffolk meetings generally held at Cafe 52, Crowe Street, Stowmarket, Suffolk, IP14 1DL
- Meetings occasionally held in Woolpit, Eye, Walsham le Willows, Stowupland, Needham Market and other villages.
All Members and well-wishers welcome.